AMHA Youth/Amateur Scholarship Update
Guidelines for Scholarship Program:
- Must be a current AMHA member (youth or former youth) no older than 20 and no younger than a Junior in High School. Former AMHyA members must be currently enrolled in higher education. Past AMHA Scholarship winners are not eligible to apply.
- Outside judges (chosen by the Youth Coordinator and/or Youth Committee) will review the application and choose the winners. Spelling, grammar, neatness and actual content of the essay will be factors in the selection process. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Two Scholarships will be awarded and announced at the AMHA World Championship Show.
- Funds must be requested no later than 36 months after a winner has been announced at the AMHA World Show. If recipient does not attend a higher education institute and submit for funds, scholarship pay out will be null and void after the 36 months.
- In order to receive funds, the recipient must submit an official bill issued by the institution of attendance to the AMHA Finance Office. AMHA will then issue funds directly to the institute to cover the cost of the bill up to, and not exceeding, the amount of the scholarship awarded. If the bill is less than the amount awarded, the remaining funds can be used by the recipient in the same manner in the following consecutive year/semester or the remaining funds will be forfeited.
- Please fill out and send your completed application, essay and 3 character references to:
- c/o Youth Coordinator
- 5601 S Interstate 35 W
- Alvarado, TX 76009
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 15
- For any questions please email or call 817-783-5600.
Pledges are currently being accepted for the Scholarship Program. If you are interested in contributing, you can pay by check or donate thru the AMHA secure online payment site.
Any pledge amount would be appreciated.
|Checks are payable to: ||AMHA Youth Scholarship Fund |
|Mail to: ||American Miniature Horse Association |
5601 S. Interstate 35W
Alvarado , TX 76009
|Online Donation: ||AMHA Secure Online Payment |