AMHA Amateur/Youth Scholarship Applications Now Available! Click here to apply.
Committed to supporting the education of the AMHA members and its emerging leaders, the AMHA offers scholarship opportunities to AMHA Amateur/Youth members (up to age 20) who wish to continue their education. The following are new guidelines in place for the AMHA Scholarship program. Check back soon for an application!
Guidelines for the AMHA Youth/Amateur Scholarship Program:
- Must be a current AMHA member (youth or former youth) no older than 20 and no younger than a Junior in High School. Former AMHyA members must be currently enrolled in higher education. Past AMHA Scholarship winners are not eligible to apply.
- Outside judges (chosen by the Youth Coordinator and/or Youth Committee) will review the application and choose the winners. Spelling, grammar, neatness and actual content of the essay will be factors in the selection process. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Two Scholarships will be awarded and announced at the AMHA World Championship Show.
- Funds will be distributed no later than 36 months after a winner has been announced at the AMHA World Show. If recipient does not attend a higher education institute and submit for funds, scholarship pay out will be null and void after the 36 months.
- In order to receive funds, the recipient must submit an official bill issued by the institution of attendance to the AMHA Finance Office. AMHA will then issue funds to the institution to cover the cost of the bill up to, and not exceeding, the amount of the scholarship awarded. If the bill is less than the amount awarded, the remaining funds can be used by the recipient in the same manner in the following consecutive year/semester or the remaining funds will be forfeited.
- Please fill out and send your completed application, essay and 3 character references to:
- c/o Youth Coordinator
- 5601 S Interstate 35 W
- Alvarado, TX 76009
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 15
- For any questions please email us or call 817-783-5600